Video consultations can be used for patients and clinicians to consult virtually. This is something we are now offering at Tollcross Medical Centre for some medical problems. Video calling can be useful to help you see the right person for your problem, in a way that is convenient to you.
To be able to have a successful video consultation, you will need the following:
- A good internet connection
- A smart phone/tablet or computer with webcam , microphone and speaker facilities
- Google chrome or safari
Video consultation appointments are made by the surgery and you may be offered one when you call us.
How to join an appointment:
If you have a video call appointment, please access this link about 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time and follow the instructions below:
- Fill in personal details
- Click “start call”
- This will take you to our virtual waiting area and the doctor will be advised you are ready
Tips to get the most out of your appointment:
- Make sure you are in a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed
- Test your audio and video connection and adjust the settings so you can see and hear well (or get someone to do this for you)
- Make sure the doctor or nurse knows your phone number so they can call you back if the connection fails. If you get cut off and can’t reconnect, wait for a phone call
- Look at the screen (there’s no need to look directly at the camera)
- Use the screen camera to show things (e.g. a rash)
- Write down any advice or instructions, and make sure you understand the next steps (e.g. where to leave a specimen)
We hope you find the Video Consultations useful.